The Future of Retail in Victoria
Tower Two, Upper Podium
727 Collins Street
With the rise and boom of ecommerce technologies, customers are presented with more options than ever before. This has revolutionised the shopping experience and forced retailers to rethink the way they reach and engage with customers, leaving those not willing to embrace the change at risk of being left behind.
In China, the future of retail is seeing the arrival ‘smart malls’, many of which are completely cashless and allowing customers to pay via mobile phone, creating a more seamless and efficient purchase experience. Furthermore, ecommerce giants such as Alibaba are reinventing retail strategy by opening pop-up stores that leverage innovative technology to bridge the gap between offline and online and most importantly, put customer experience at the forefront.
Within Australia, tourism plays a vital role in the success of retailers, with 432,000 Chinese tourists visiting Melbourne in 2016 with an average spend of $2,300 on Australian products and services. The presents a huge opportunity for Victorian retailers wanting to take advantage of this market and this forum will give you insights for your forward planning.
At our retail forum, you’ll have the opportunity to hear from speakers including:
• Locky Ge, CEO & Founder of RoyalPay
• Raymond Ma, General Manager, Alibaba Cloud (Australia and New Zealand)
• George Wang, CEO, GOME
• Mark Schiavello, Partner - Corporate Finance, and National Retail Leader BDO
• Tom Parker, Partner, Bastion China
• Further speakers TBC
Topics will include:
• The role of customer experience
• The rise of innovative payment systems
• The relationship between online and offline shopping platforms