With Christmas just around the corner, it is time to start thinking about your window display. Will it set your business apart and make you stand out to customers? Effective visual merchandising can make your business stand out from the rest of the crowd.
The Festive Window Competition 2019 will encourage shoppers to Snap Send Solve to Snap Send Win their favourite festive shopfronts. A shout out will be given to stand out entries on the Whitehorse Business Facebook Page be sure to follow the page to see if your shopfront appears.
Some tips to help you create a Snap worthy display:
- Its story time - create your “story” around the festive theme and get a good sense of what emotion your display is looking to evoke.
- Create a focal point – how will you catch a customer’s eye?
- Be bold – don’t be afraid to experiment with colours, shapes and props but remember to stay consistent with your brand and products.
- Keep it simple – don’t try to do too much or your display may end up busy and unfocused.
- The balancing act – remember to balance your elements to ensure they are pleasing to the eye.
- Lights, camera, winner – Lighting can be crucial in getting people to stop. Remember to place your lighting to the sides and front of your display as lighting from the top will cause shadows.
For general design inspiration a quick reference Visual Merchandising handbook is available or if you would like a hard copy email firstname.lastname@example.org