Would you like to volunteer and not sure where to start? Are you thinking about changing careers or starting further education? Are you a new parent looking to get back into the workforce? A local learn course may be for you!
What are Learn Local Courses?
Learn Local courses can help individuals get the skills they need for study, work and life. The courses offer a range of training programs that can help individuals return to study, improve their digital, reading, writing and maths skills, get a job, change careers or learn something new.
Learn Local providers are not-for-profit community organisations. They are registered and funded by the Victorian Government, via the Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE) Board, to deliver pre-accredited training and programs.
The MACV Neighbourhood Houses offer a range of courses including:
- digital and computer courses (Introduction to Trello, Microsoft Office Suite, digital essentials),
- career and practical skills (auslan, english conversation, point of sale for retail, start your business),
- hospitality skills (introduction to barista and coffee making, barista presentation skills, introduction to hospitality)
For more information about which courses are being held at which MACV Neighbourhood House, contact the neighbourhood house directly.
- Mitcham Community House
- Avenue Neighbourhood House
- Clota Cottage Neighbourhood House
- Vermont South Neighbourhood House