There are many aspects to operating a small business. Whitehorse City Council's Investment and Economic Development Unit hosts a wide range of business workshops and events throughout the year, which are designed to assist in expanding your business knowledge.
Included in this annual program is:
- Whitehorse Business Week is held annually in August and is designed to connect local businesses. High profile keynote speakers are engaged at each of the events to provide inspiring presentations.
- Boost Your Business is a series of small workshops and is held at the beginning of each year, offering practical tips and advice for business owners.
- Small Business Mentoring conducted through the Small Business Bus and the Small Business Mentoring Service, free one-on-one sessions are held right throughout the year.
For a full list of events visit the Calendar of Events section of this website.
Small Business Victoria
Is a State Government agency that offers a range of services to help business owners grow their businesses. The website www.business.vic.gov.au offers useful information to assist, including;
- hiring and managing staff
- accounting, and
Links to other agencies including the Victorian Chamber and AusIndustry, can be found on the Useful Links page of this website. (link to page)
The Victorian and Federal Governments offer a range of grants and financial assistance for businesses that meet specific criteria.
To view what is currently on offer and to see if your business is eligible, visit:
Austrade is the Australian Government’s trade, investment and education promotion agency. It assists Australian businesses exporting to foreign markets. It offers;
- advice on doing business in international markets
- export grants, and
- assistance with market entry and expansion.
The Victorian Government’s business website also contains information concerning exporting.
Business disputes can be expensive; diverting valuable resources away from business operations. The Office of the Victorian Small Business Commissioner assists in the resolution of disputes between two or more enterprises by providing an informal, low cost timely and effective dispute resolution service.