If you are planning to operate a business within the City of Whitehorse, it is important to consider how your business fits within government regulations and ensure it is run in a manner that is safe and legally compliant. Business owners are encouraged to:
- Ask Whitehorse City Council if any permits are required.
- Discuss plans with Whitehorse City Council Officers prior to lodging a permit application.
- Provide Whitehorse City Council with necessary documents and information supporting any permit/licence application.
Further information can be found on the Permits and Licences page of this website.
Investment and Economic Development Unit
Whitehorse City Council's Investment and Economic Development Unit is here to help initiate and deliver business support programs, which respond to the needs of local businesses. This includes:
- A range of workshops, seminars and business events held throughout the year. Check out what is coming up.
- A free Business Guide designed for businesses to access information required to start and grow within the City of Whitehorse.
- Free business mentoring through the Small Business Mentoring Service. Book your session.
- Latest business news and updates. Register to receive our e-news, and follow us on Facebook.
- Free to access local and regional economic data. View the Economic Profile for the City of Whitehorse.
Small Business Victoria
Is a State Government agency that offers a range of services to help start, manage and grow a business.
Their website, www.business.vic.gov.au offers a range of information including;
- what to do before getting started
- which business structure to use
- how to write a business plan, and
- where to access advice and support.
Whitehorse Investment and Development Facilitation Service
Whitehorse City Council supports and guides the local and regional economy, including the facilitation of major private, institutional and government investment through the Whitehorse Investment and Development Facilitation Service.