If you are planning to operate a business within the City of Whitehorse, it is important to consider how your business fits within government regulations and ensure it is run in a manner that is safe and legally compliant.
Business owners are encouraged to:
- Ask Whitehorse City Council if any permits are required.
- Discuss plans with Whitehorse City Council Officers prior to lodging a permit application.
- Provide Whitehorse City Council with necessary documents and information supporting any permit/licence application.
Business Facilitation Service
The Investment and Economic Development Unit have a business facilitation service to assist businesses through the process and direct specific enquiries to relevant departments.
Below are some things to consider regarding permits. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may need permits. Further information can be found on
- Permits and Licences page on WBIZ which will provide information about Council permits
- Permits and Parcel page on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website which can provide information about the local government area, water businesses, power distributor, planning zones and overlays.
Complete the form for assistance from the Investment and Economic Development Team.
Investment and Economic Development Unit
Whitehorse City Council's Investment and Economic Development Unit is here to help initiate and deliver business support programs, which respond to the needs of local businesses. This includes:
- A range of workshops, seminars and business events held throughout the year. Check out what is coming up
- Free business mentoring through the Small Business Mentoring Service. Book your session
- Latest business news and updates. Register to receive our e-news, and follow us on Facebook
- Free to access local and regional economic data. View the Economic Profile for the City of Whitehorse