Could you use some mentoring? Mentoring can be a valuable tool to assist in setting a clear direction for your business, to discuss your key ideas, and to help in achieving your goals.
Whitehorse City Council provides free, one hour, one on one mentoring sessions and also hosts the Small Business Bus operated through Small Business Victoria, which provides 45 minute sessions with an experienced business mentor.
Small Business Mentoring
Whether you're planning, starting, growing or winding down your business, a mentor can help.
- Business Intenders - People who are considering or intending to go into business but have not started
- Business Start-ups - Business that are about to launch their business or have been operating for only a few months
- Operating Businesses - Businesses that have been operating for more than a few months. They may be in a survival stage, successful but not willing to grow, successful and wanting to expand, in a rapid growth stage, or in maturity.
This year, we are pleased to have partnered with Box Hill Business Enterprise Centre (BEC) for the provision of mentoring services in 2020. BEC mentors have all run or are running their own small businesses, are qualified educators as well as being qualified in their various vocational disciplines.
Mentoring sessions generally occur on the third Wednesday of each month with bookings opening 6 weeks prior to the date. Places are limited and bookings are essential.
- Wednesday 20 May - Bookings now open
- Wednesday 17 June
Small Business Bus
The Small Business Bus is a mobile business centre and providing free 45 minute sessions with an experienced business mentor.
Due to the current State of Emergency declared by Victoria, the next Small business bus will be conducted over the phone.
- Wednesday 13 May - Sessions are fully booked, waitlist places are available
To find further business training, workshops and events, visit the Calendar of Events on this website.