Supporting the Business Community
Whitehorse City Council is committed to providing support to local Small to Medium Enterprises (SME’s) and it acknowledges that many SME’s have experienced severe impacts from COVID-19, and that some have been affected since January 2020.
The objectives of the Whitehorse Recovery Grants Package –Business (WRGP-B) are to support:
- social and economic sustainability
- businesses growth and prosperity
- local procurement and facilitating connections
- create business and employment opportunities
- industry development
- business compliance with State Government guidelines in relation to COVID-19
Two funding streams are available for the business community, with both streams having an overarching focus on business adaption, innovation and resilience.
Applications open Monday 8 February and will close on Friday 19 February 2021 at 5pm.
Businesses are strongly advised to attend one virtual information session which will:
- provide information on how to access and use the Smartygrants program
- provide information about the two funding stream and the criteria and
- conclude with question and answer opportunities.
Grant Writing Workshops
Businesses are strongly encouraged to attend one virtual grant writing workshop with grant expert Debby Maziarz, who will:
- provide practical, useful and transferable information about how to approach grant writing;
- encourage you to explore project ideas and clarify point of difference; and
- provide practical, useful and transferable information about building budgets for grant applications
Businesses can visit Box Hill Mall for a Q&A session with officers in person. There will be one Mandarin and one Cantonese translator at the sessions. No bookings required.
Session 1: Tuesday 2 February, 10am to 12pm Red Kiosk Pod
Session 2: Tuesday 16 February, 10am to 12pm Red Kiosk Pod
*subject to COVID-19 restrictions directed by the Department of Health and Human Services, be sure to check this page regularly for updates
To speak with a grant officer phone on 9262 6453 or email email@example.com to discuss your stream one projects. Please note officers cannot confirm whether your project will receive funding.
For more information about business who received funding through round 1 of the Whitehorse Recovery Grants Package Business, visit the round 1 page.
Keep up-to-date with all the local business initiatives, support, grants and resources available,by subscribing to the Whitehorse Investment and Economic Development Down to Business newsletter and follow Whitehorse Business on Facebook.